Kiteworld Magazine #80 + Travel Guide!
This annual Kiteworld kitesurfing magazine March test fest issue comes with our tenth annual Travel Guide supplement and a huge story that takes us inside the mind of rippers Nick Jacobsen and Jesse Richman.
Thrilled to the bone. Jesse Richman and Nick Jacobsen bear all from page 62
Photos: Bianca Asher (Nick) / Quincy Dein (Jesse)
Mitu Monteiro bursts onto the 2016 Travel Guide cover, shot by Gilles Calvet in Mauritius
THERE’S WAY OVER 300 PAGES OF KITESURFING JUICE TO ENJOY THIS ISSUE, HERE’S A LITTLE OF WHAT YOU COULD BE SOAKING UP:
- INSIDE THE MIND OF A SERIAL THRILLER – Death – a weird topic for a kitesurfing article? Perhaps not. Neuroscientist and kitesurfer Dr. Jason Gallate meets kitesurfing thrill seekers, Nick Jacobsen and Jesse Richman, to ask the questions we’ve all been dying to know the answers to…
- SHOCK AND AWE AS FORCES CONVERGE AT KOTA 2016 – This year’s Red Bull King of the Air was the most extreme kitesurfing event in the sport’s history. For the first time in four years the Cape Doctor southeaster delivered the solid 35+ knots and big waves for the whole event. 24 of the world’s best riders rose to the challenge and put it all on the line. Some didn’t walk away, some were confused by the result, all of us dropped our jaws at the action. Kiteworld editor Jim Gaunt reports from the front line
- ANNUAL TESTS FROM CAPE TOWN – Looking for new gear that won’t hold you back? The test team unleash detailed reports on a huge selection of freeride kites and boards after lengthy Cape Town test sessions this season, including:Kites: CrazyFly Sculp / Cabrinha Switchblade / RRD Vision / Naish Park / Core GTS / Ozone Enduro / Airush Lithium / Starkites Taina / Boards: Airush Apex / RRD Bliss / Liquid Force Legacy / Wainman Cruzer / North Select / CrazyFly Raptor / Axis Vanguard / Shinn Bronq / Vanhunks Bucca Carbon.
- SESSIONS: Martin Vari re-emerges at Jaws
PLUS: OUR TENTH ANNUAL TRAVEL GUIDE 2016.
- A DECADE IN THE SUN: Leave your worries behind and allow yourself to fully focus on improving your kiteboarding skills in some of the best conditions imaginable. There really is nothing like kiting for successive days to learn some solid skills. No matter where you live in the world, you’ll find holiday recommendations close to you, from Europe to Africa, the Americas and Caribbean to Australia and Asia. We feature over 40 of the world’s best kiting holiday hotspots over the guide’s 156 pages – once you’ve opened this guide, it’s going to be hard to resist treating yourself to experiencing the incredible riding that each spot offers.
You may also like